So, Tui is doing The Lost Continent Release Party
on June 26th in Washington DC, which I will be attending! :3 I'm super excited, I've never met Tui but I am VERY eager to be able to meet and shake the hand of the Wings of Fire queen herself! The event itself starts at 7 PM, but I'll probably be at the store by 5 or 6 PM to pick up a copy of Lost Continent for the signing and chat with anyone. I'd love to meet others in the fandom if they're going to the event as well, I have 2 red streaks in my hair so I guess that's how anyone can recognize me, lol.
(And I'm excited for the release of TLC itself, of course!) If anyone could suggest questions I could try to pose to Tui in the comments, that would be greatly appreciated!
Of course I won't be able to ask her *everything* but I'm sure there's stuff that I am curious about that I haven't thought of yet. Current Question List:
- What is Clearsight's eye color? + She has been described to be sleek and black, but does she have any hues in her scales (like Moon was described to have hues of purple?) (I think this question is like my most important one lol)
- Are Turtle and Moon reincarnations (or have some sort of symbolic connection) to Fathom and Clearsight respectively?
- Is Qibli supposed to be representative of Darkstalker or of Sunstreak? Did you end up picking Moonbli to end the Winter-Moon-Qibli triangle because of this symbolism & did you know all along since Book 6 that you wanted to end the triangle like that, or did you decide when writing Darkness of Dragons?
- Do Silk and HiveWings' wings bend at an elbow joint/can they bend their wings at the elbows like Pyrrhian dragons, or do they always hold their wings straight out like insects? (From Reborn)
- There is a theme across Wings of Fire that essentially says forcing dragons to become something else via magic or coercion is wrong. (Shown with: Arctic taking over Whiteout's mind and forcing her to escape the Night Kingdom with him, the imprisonment of Hailstorm by turning him into Pyrite, Peril being forced into following Queen Scarlet due to the necklace Chameleon gave her, Anemone forcing Kinkajou to love Turtle, Darkstalker taking over Winter's mind and Anemone's mind, and such). However, the second arc ended with Kinkajou forcing Darkstalker to become Peacemaker against his will. How did you feel about writing that - do you think there is a way that theme can be reconciled or do you think it disrupts the message? Or was it just that Darkstalker was so strong that it was the only option for defeating him?
- The first arc, with the Dragonets of Destiny, contained a lot more descriptions of violence and gore than the second arc - Peril in general, Coral pulling Tortoise's teeth out, Blister stabbing Kestrel, Thorn stabbing Preyhunter, etc. What was the reason that you stopped writing as much draconic violence into the books? (Though, I guess the second arc had more mental violence).
- Do NightWings get any powers if they are born under a lunar eclipse/blood moon? (Assuming the moon is full)
- Were the dragonets in Darkstalker's vision that he gave to Moon in Book 6: the children of Glory/Deathbringer, Tsunami/Riptide, and Clay/Peril? (mentioned were a purplish dragonet, an orange dragonet, and a blue one).
- Did Lagoon drive Albatross to insanity? Would Anemone have naturally ended up like Albatross, had she not had the support of dragons like Tsunami, Turtle and Auklet? Would Albatross have turned out more like Anemone if he had a support group?
- There's a popular headcanon that instead of having visions, Fatespeaker is able to weakly read minds, which is why she has the mindreader scales. All her visions were actually her reading other dragons' minds. Is this true? Completely false?
- Do any other Pyrrhian tribes have a variation of firescales? Such as, like, an IceWing that freezes everything they touch, a RainWing with venom-coated scales, a SeaWing with some sort of control over water, etc? I'm also hoping the Pantalan tribes have special powers but I'm sure those would be spoilers.
- Is it canon that a hybrid's dominant traits come from their mother, or just a coincidence?
Also, for those who are looking out for the something special I wanted to do for 1,000 watchers, I'll be hosting a contest and some OTAs + Draw to Adopts so keep an eye out! However I want to finish up a few personal projects before I work on those Art Status:Commissions: Closed Trades:
Only with mutuals, and generally not preferred right nowCollabs:
Only if I request youRequests:
Closed EternallyOwed Art/Reminder List:
- very, very long overdue prize to InfiniteFanatic and InkQuill
- (ongoing) Collaborations with Verasaii
- (ongoing) Collaborations with Frozen Gem
- MAP parts for Frozen Gem
- MAP part(s) for Jomadis